Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost with Eclipse and MinGW
From: Del (delmyers.cs_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-09 12:05:07

I ran into some problems recently with linking boost with minGW. The problem
that I had was with linking static libraries: DLL's worked fine. It turns out
that the problem was due to the boost builder. When it built all of my
libraries, I believe that it recognized minGW as a Windows compiler/linker and
named all libraries with a .lib extension, but minGW is a port of GNU C/C++ and
expects .a libraries. What I had to do was go into my lib directory and rename
all the .lib files to .a. Hope this helps.

Del