Subject: Re: [Boost-users] C++ Framework Libraries for Programming Popular databases
From: V S P (toreason_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-10 14:29:06

I am using OTL and also developing ORM layer (active record -like) on
top of it with boost's help (that I plan to release in public domain)

I believe, it supports Oracle, DB2 and MSSQL via its native drivers (and
MSSQL on unix via ODBC tls)

and the rest of the DBs via ODBC
(I am using it for postgres ODBC for now)

The advantage of soci vs OTL for Postgres is that soci uses native PG
driver for PG, however soci does not appear to support DB2/cli an ODBC
based drivers (MS DBs)

I think it will be long time before C++ or boost will have a standard
approach to DB support, unfortunately. Lack of reflection in C++ is
a major issue (I had to implement my own reflection mechanism for my
ORM).

Vlad