Subject: [Boost-users] ASIO iostreams example -- help?
From: Dave Steffen (dave.steffen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-12 16:04:19

Hi Folks,

I'm just getting into ASIO, and am having problems with the examples.

I'm trying out both the tcp::iostream examples and the (more basic?)
synchronous TCP daytime clients in the tutorial. I have the server
print the socket endpoint, which produces:

0.0.0.0:23421

(23421 being a randomly typed socket number, once I figured out that
the '13' in the examples doesn't work because Linux reserves socket
numbers up to 1024 for the kernel).

I then run the client, providing 0.0.0.0:23421 on the commandline as
the address to connect to. I get this:

Host not found (authoritative)

Does anyone know what that means? I know very little (read:nothing)
about the tcp protocol, which is probably the real problem. :-)

Thanks

--
Dave Steffen
Numerica Corporation (www.numerica.us <http://www.numerica.us/> )