Subject: [Boost-users] [Boost.Test] [1.38] Handling unexpected exceptions and system errors
From: Greg Christopher (gchristopher_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-26 14:22:43

Hi,
   One of the things that sets boost apart from other frameworks is its ability to handle exceptions and report them.

   While I've used the BOOST_CHECK_THROW and BOOST_CHECK_EXCEPTION macros, I'd like a way to pass if an exception is thrown that we don't necessarily understand how to mention in the BOOST_CHECK_THROW or BOOST_CHECK_EXCEPTION macros. BOOST_CHECK_NO_THROW just makes sure no exception is thrown. In some ways it's an odd request to say "I expect some exception to be thrown that I do not care to specify", but that would work for us.

   In addition, it would be nice (and I bet it's already available) to be able to say "allow next test case to run in event of exception" or "allow next test suite to run In event of exception". Right now, all testing does seem to abort (none of the above macros are either present or coded in a way to match the system issue.

   Any tips on how to discover those values, or to go forward when some kind of exceptional condition is expected is appreciated.

-Greg