Subject: [Boost-users] building boost libraries for cross-compiled project
From: Steve Drake (98z3_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-12 13:31:08

I am trying to use boost (specifically the regex part) in a cross-compiled
environment. The target is a single board computer running Linux on ARM. My
development computer is a Windows 2000 machine.

The cross compiler is a GNU C++ compiler that I got from the SBC vendor. It
is located here:

c:\TechnologicToolchain\devel-tools\crosstool-cygwin\bin\arm-unknown-linux-g
nu-g++.exe

When I build my ARM application program, by PATH on the PC is set to this:

    c:\TechnologicToolchain\devel-tools\crosstool-win\bin; \
    c:\TechnologicToolchain\devel-tools\crosstool-cygwin\bin; \
    c:\TechnologicToolchain\devel-tools\cygwin

How do I build the boost libraries on my development PC so I can link them
with my cross-compiled application code and run them on the ARM target? I am
unfamiliar with bjam so I am having trouble figuring out how to configure it
to use a specific compiler executable.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Steve