Subject: [Boost-users] Linking to release boost libs form debug build
From: johnnyk427 (johnnyk1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-13 00:06:00

I've noticed my boost libs are slowing my game down incredibly in my debug
builds. I'd like to link to release boost libs even in Debug, is that
possible and will it cause any problems?

Heres what I've got so far:
I've managed to stop my project from auto-linking to the generated lib names
(by adding #define BOOST_ALL_NO_LIB), and listed the libs I want to include
manually, but now I get link errors like this:

libcmt.lib(invarg.obj) : error LNK2005: __initp_misc_invarg already defined
in Libcmtd.lib(invarg.obj)

It wants to link to the release RunTime, but my project is linking to the
debug RunTime. So it seems that I want to create my boost libs so that they
are release (and optimized), but link to the debug runtime. Is it even
possible to build the libs like that? I'm studying boost jam now but having
a hard time understanding how I would make libs as such.

Thanks for any help you can offer,
-John

Thanks!
-John