Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Graph] Defining coordinates for vertices
From: Maxime van Noppen (maxime_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-17 05:36:03

On 07/17/09 03:35, Aaron Windsor wrote:
> In the specific example you mentioned, if you started with a maximal
> planar graph + a planar embedding, then added a vertex v somewhere and
> a few edges adjacent to v, you could still use make_maximal_planar to
> fill out the rest of the planar embedding as long as you specify at
> least two edges adjacent to v and add them to the planar embedding
> first (as this will fix v's relative location in the planar
> embedding).

It is much clear now, thanks. So now I've the problem to find those
first two edges to add. Unfortunately there is no relation between the
coordinates (like a regular mesh or whatever).

There is a distance tag, maybe it is of some use to find the closest
vertices ? But still, the closest vertices might be in another face.

It might be easier for this part to use other means than purely
boost::graph to find those points (we have other representations of the
mesh that could help).

Thank you for this really nice answer though.

--
yabo