Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost.Date_time and leap seconds
From: Steve Allen (sla_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-31 13:34:25

On Jul 30, 8:04 am, Andrzej Krzemienski <akrze..._at_[hidden]> wrote:
> - The rationale at the end says that leap seconds would be difficult
> to implement.
> - My experiments with simple ptime subtraction suggest no leap second support.
>
> I am really confused.

The confusion cannot go away for retrospective calculations with UTC.
See the javascript program and text on this web page

http://www.ucolick.org/~sla/leapsecs/epochtime.html

The scenario in that example helps to explain why it is that the
international committees have been unable to produce a consensus on
changes to UTC. The delegates are constrained by the legal history of
the nations they represent.

--
Steve Allen                 <sla_at_[hidden]>                WGS-84 (GPS)
UCO/Lick Observatory        Natural Sciences II, Room 165    Lat  +36.99855