Subject: Re: [Boost-users] bimap intellisense problems in VC++ 2008
From: OvermindDL1 (overminddl1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-03 19:23:06

On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 12:37 PM, Roman Shmelev<rshmelev_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> Is there anything I have missed?
>
> I guess, no.
> Visual Studio Intellisense is quite squeamish with Boost.
> I had many problems with different libraries.
> I guess, Visual Assist X fixes most of them.
>
> One thing makes me happy - I'm not Intellisense-dependent, and it is good :)

Yes, Visual Studio Intellisense *sucks* to put it mildly.
Visual Assist X is truly amazing, once you start using it, nothing
compares, I have to say that I am truly addicted. Every time I have
to go to someone else's computer Visual Studio feels like notepad in
comparison...

But yes, VAX works wonderfully with boost, I generally have to tell it
to rebuild the intellisense database when I rebuild boost, but that is
a button click.