Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [interprocess]files locations for mutex and named shm
From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-07 04:32:11

Mike Spertus escribió:
> I'm being bitten by the surprise discovery that different Windows users
> can't(?) communicate via named shared memory using Boost Interprocess as
> in the post below from 2008-09-18 (Changing all processes to use the
> same TMP directory is not an option for us due to interoperability
> requirements). Is there a workaround? Was anything ever done about the
> proposed solution below? Another alternative would be to make it
> possible to specify the "Boost Interprocess temp directory".

For boost 1.40 I've changed the TMP directory for the Common Documents
directory, searching that folder using the registry. In theory, that
folder is accessible by all processes and should be present in all
systems. Nevertheless, I'll add the option to specify the temp directory
to my to-do list, maybe using an environment variable?

Best,

Ion