Subject: [Boost-users] [ASIO] work/development flow example
From: smbrown_at_[hidden]
Date: 2009-08-27 06:01:58

Afternoon all,

I'm using the ASIO library to develop a simple application and have a
favour to ask. Up until now I have been making many mistakes as I
expected, but what I didn't expect was having so much trouble debugging
the problems. Perhaps this is normal for applications with threads and
callbacks. Any insight you could share about your development work flow
and use of debuggers would be gratefully received. I'm using MinGW and
VS2K8 on XP and with either debugger trying to find the context of the
devassert/exception is hard.

Simon

P. S. This is a repost, I think our mail server ate the original as I saw
no sign of it on the list. Apologies if I'm wrong.