Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [asio] DTR serial port option?
From: Robert Dailey (rcdailey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-28 16:26:51

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 3:05 PM, Asif Lodhi <asif.lodhi_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Hi Rutger,
>
> On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 11:16 PM, Rutger ter Borg <rutger_at_[hidden]>wrote:
>
>> For answers to these specifics, you could also try posting to the separate
>> asio mailing list.
>>

> I visited
> http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_name=asio-users but I
> can't find any subscribe link that I can use to subscribe. Would you please
> post a link so that I can subscribe to ASIO specific list?
>
> What's the difference between between posting on ASIO list and this boost
> list? Isn't ASIO included in Boost now?

I'd like to know this too. I see no reason why I can't ask here.

In any case, here's the problem I'm running into. I need to be able to
enable DTR, send data, and then disable DTR afterwards. The only way I can
get DTR to be enabled is by explicitly setting the flow_control() option,
however if I do this then I cannot disable it later. I see that MSDN
discusses this function:

EscapeCommFunction();

If I could do something like:

EscapeCommFunction( impl.handle_, SETDTR );
::WriteFile( imple.handle_, ...... );
EscapeCommFunction( impl.handle_, CLRDTR );

This might give me what I need, right? How can I do this through boost asio?