Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [MPL] Front of a set of types
From: Marco Guazzone (marco.guazzone_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-31 04:37:43

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 10:30 AM, OvermindDL1<overminddl1_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I do not know of set being ordered or any implementation I use
> (considering that runtime sets are generally hash maps), so I would
> not expect that to be ordered personally.  I would use vector if I
> want something ordered.

You're right and in fact the runtime std::set does not provide a
"front" operation.

I think you've got the problem: since sets are usually unordered a
"front" operation may introduce ambiguities.

Since mpl::set provides this operation I think its behavior should be
made more explicit in order to avoid any ambiguities (like the ones
I've described in the previous email)

-- Marco