Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [proto] char vs. int behaviour when matching
From: Dominique Devienne (ddevienne_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-02 17:26:02

On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 3:51 PM, Eric Niebler<eric_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> That's where you're mistaken. char, signed char and unsigned char are 3
> distinct types.

Hi Eric. After learning about int "abcd" literals from your mpl::string post,
I'm now learning about an integral type which is neither signed nor unsigned!

(sounds like my assumption that char is an integral type might be
wrong in fact...)

Would you mind expanding a little on this, possibly with pointers to
further info please?

My naive take on char was it was either equivalent to signed char or
unsigned char
in a platform-specific manner, but if it's boost::is_same to neither,
I'm confused...

Thanks, --DD