Subject: Re: [Boost-users] 1.40 and pch - gcc problems?
From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-04 04:25:05

>I just got 1.40 and tried building. I kept having some pieces fail
> with a complete build, sometimes I had gcc that ran until resources
> exausted, sometimes the compiler would segfault. Eventaully I tracked
> it down to the math library. After noticing the many errors from the
> gch (things like : error _REENTERANT not defined or used diffrent
> -fpic). I disabled pch for the math library (actually the boost
> project and the libs/math/test) and I did not have any more issues.

Can you be more specific about the error messages? A:

bjam --with-math

will build just the math lib, if you could post the complete output that
would be most helpful.

There's something strange going on here though as it builds just fine
locally here (ubuntu Linux), and on our regression test machines (various
Linux flavours).

Thanks, John.