Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost-Pro Windows Installer for Boost 1.40
From: Boost lzw (boostlzw_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-08 17:37:50

Hi there,

I have a similar question. I manually built boost 1.39 for MS Visual Studio
2008 Prof according to the following link:
http://dave-programming.blogspot.com/2008/02/how-to-build-boost-1341-with-visual.html

The build-up file folder took up to 9 GB. Now before manually building 1.40,
what should I do with the previous version (1.39) on my machine? It seems
there is nothing in the control panel->add and remove program for boost
1.39. I guess there is no way to remove 1.39 from the control panel. Should
I simply delete 1.39 file folders before building the 1.40? Does the same
building procedure for 1.39 (described in the above link) apply to manually
building 1.40 as well? Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Robert