Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Is there anything wrong with the Gmane newsgroup? + Interested in parsing tools and networking code
From: OvermindDL1 (overminddl1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-12 14:49:27

On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 12:23 PM, Ramon F Herrera <ramon_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just joined the mailing list - Greetings to all.
>
> I have been trying for several day to post messages to the Boost Users
> newsgroup on Gmane.
> I didn't get any error message, but my postings never appeared.

You are subscribed to the group first and foremost?

On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 12:23 PM, Ramon F Herrera <ramon_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Boost is one of the best resources I have found in a very long time - Thanks
> for the effort!
>
> One of my main current interests is parsing. Trying to decide among the
> choices:
>
> - Regex
> - Spirit
> - Xpressive

Depends on what you are wanting to parse. If you want to do, say, a
search and replace in a file, Xpressive is best, if you want to parse
data structures and you want the absolute best speed and a completely
unambiguous grammar, Spirit2.1 for sure. Do not bother with Regex
itself as Xpressive can do everything Regex can, but more and better.

On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 12:23 PM, Ramon F Herrera <ramon_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I could use some help with ASIO, too.

Ask away. :)