Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [program_options] simple test case fails
From: Christian Henning (chhenning_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-14 10:45:21

Hi Vladimir, I don't mind nitpicking. In fact, I agree with you. My
last email was targeted at Steven. I apologize for the confusion.

Now back to business. ;-)

> And, in fact, the values of _SECURE_SCL and _HAS_ITERATOR_DEBUGGING should be
> the same when building your project and when building Boost libraries. Mismatch
> is likely to cause various mishaps.

Even in debug builds?

As a matter of fact, when I enable the two preprocessor symbols in my
debug build the crash disappears. Mhmm, that's strange in my eyes.
Seems to me when building boost with compile.cmd the symbols should be
enabled while for release they should be disabled. I guess you can
never be careful enough.

Thanks Vladimir, you helped me a great deal. I had some weird things
happening in the past with program_options. Now, I hope I'm over that.

Christian