Subject: Re: [Boost-users] building boost 1_33_1 now 1_37_0
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-16 09:04:46

Dan Smithers wrote:

>>> How do I change the includes in jam?
>>
>> Sorry, I don't understand the above. Boost.Build does not pass any
>> "intel includes" nor any "gcc 2.95 includes". Can you provide the commands
>> lines and errors in question and explain how exactly the command lines
>> should be altered.
>
> I've now found that as long as I make sure that gcc 3.4.3 is ahead of
> 2.95 in the search path I can get past the first hurdle.

So, is there anything that still needs to be solved?

> The command line that comes out is
>
> "icpc" -c -xc++ -O3 -Ob2 -w1 -fPIC -DBOOST_ALL_NO_LIB=1
> -DBOOST_MATH_TR1_DYN_LINK -DNDEBUG -I"." -c -o
> "bin.v2/libs/math/build/intel-linux-release/threading-multi/hypot.o"
> "libs/math/build/../src/tr1/hypot.cpp"
>
> /usr/lib/pthread.h(163): error: expected a ")"
> extern int pthread_create(pthread_2 *__restrict __thread,

Do you actually have file named /usr/lib/pthread.h? That is very strange
location for a header file.

> I have written a short test program that includes pthread.h and that
> compiles.

Anyway, it does not seem like anything wrong is passed to icpc. So,
this error suggests that it's not installed correctly, or some other
configuration issue. Do docs for the intel compiler say anything about
gcc version that is required?

- Volodya