Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Using boost::serialization in real-time withoutallocating memory
From: Peter Soetens (peter.soetens_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-18 16:22:35

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 20:08, Stefan Strasser <strasser_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Am Friday 18 September 2009 17:18:56 schrieb Peter Soetens:
>>
>> I'm got so far that I 'hacked' an allocation free output and output
>> archive, and output works like a charm. But for the input side, I
>> can't seem to get the ADL to work for serializing the nvt<T> case.
>
> line 68: boost::serialization::load(*this, t, version);
>
> don't you mean archive::load? I'm not aware of a serialization::load function.

That's it ! I used the wrong load/save functions. I cleaned up the
archives and documented a bit. The only obscurity is that both classes
required a 'save/load_object()' function, while this is not documented
as such in the Archive Concept pages. Is this a recent addition (I'm
using Boost 1.37.0 btw) ? What about save/load_pointer etc ?

I left most/all of these exotic functions empty. I wonder in which
situations they will be called ? Should I put an assert(false) in them
?

I renamed the class to binary_object_archive.hpp

This file was exactly what I needed :-)

Peter