Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Test] How to treat memory leaks as errors?
From: Âàñèëèé Ñòàðîñòèí (bstarostin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-20 12:08:21

                                        Hi!

>> However, Boost.Test doesn't return non-zero error code when leaks
>> detected (as it does this when tests fail).

>> How can I make my testing program to return non-zero error code if memory leaked?

>Because Boost.Test does not contain anything that can test for memory
>leaks. You might want to use something like Google's tcmalloc and so
>forth as it can tell you about all that, and you can just add a
>Boost.Test testcase at the end of the tests to check for memory leaks
>using it.

Boost.Test does contain something to test memory leaks since I get
such warnings when I loose memory in my Boost.Test-based program :)

I know this is _CRT functions (I use MSVC9). And the function, which
Boost.Test uses to inform about leaks under Windows, SIGNALS that we
have m-leaks in a program. Moreover, Boost.Test can control this
function using (to use or not to use).

So I expected that Boost.Test can use this function return code and
increase errors counter for leaks. If it cannot, this can be
improvement for the future.

WBR,
Vasily

P.S. _CrtDumpMemoryLeaks?