Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Math/Statistical Distributions+Random] Random number generation
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-27 06:27:00

> -----Original Message-----
> From: boost-users-bounces_at_[hidden]
[mailto:boost-users-bounces_at_[hidden]]
> On Behalf Of er
> Sent: Sunday, September 27, 2009 12:02 AM
> To: boost-users_at_[hidden]
> Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Math/Statistical Distributions+Random] Random
number
> generation
>

> > What I mean is that I think an integration between Boost.Random and
> > Boost.StatisticalDistribution would be very useful for users
> >

> The links that I gave previously on this issue will be phased out and
> are replaced by
>
> https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/statistics/distribution_toolkit/
>
> which is hopefully cleaner and more tested (kolmogorov smirnov to verify
> distribution cdf agrees with random generation).

I note that the link to math toolkit is still at version 1_35.

[ Useful links ]

http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_35_0/libs/math/doc/sf_and_dist/html/index.html

Should this be 1_40_0? (Assuming it works with the latest release).

It would be nice to have confirmation that this works with MSVC and gcc on other
platforms too.

Paul