Subject: Re: [Boost-users] problems with program_opsitons::parse_environment can't figure out how to do what I want.
From: Caleb Cushing (xenoterracide_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-30 21:07:52

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 9:04 PM, Caleb Cushing <xenoterracide_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>    variables_map vm_env;
>    store(parse_environment(desc, "HOME"), vm_env);
>    notify(vm_env);
>
>    if(vm_env.count("HOME")) {
>        path rcfile = ".koramarc";
>        path home;
>        home = vm_env["HOME"].as<path>();
>        path tmp = home / rcfile;
>        cout << "check" << endl; // just a retarted test to see if
> we're actually reaching the end of this...
>    }

whoops... my code never enters the if statement and I'm not sure why.

I'm still working on the best way to get the HOME variable from the
env so I can more correctly reference ~/.koramarc. I need however to
combine HOME with the actual rcfile name. and then I need to pass it
to parse_config_file... but everything I've tried I just keep getting
stumped... any help would really be appreciated, I've been trying
various things for 3-ish days now.

--
Caleb Cushing
http://xenoterracide.blogspot.com