Subject: [Boost-users] [Boost.Test] [1.38] --random runtime parameter
From: Greg Christopher (gchristopher_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-13 18:56:53

Hi folks,
   I am wondering what "non random" means (--random-0).

   We are seeing the test framework behave such that with --random-0, it seems to do the tests in an order and stick with that order, but I'm not sure how it's deciding the order. If we re-link the test program, it seems to do them in a different order.

   I would like to figure out how to make this deterministic without losing the benefit of not having to create my own test execution driver. I would think that non random would be in alphabetical order of test_case_name (we are doing auto registration) but that's not what we're seeing. Non-random seems to indicate maybe some kind of static initialization order, which is random.

Thanks for any help.

Greg