Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [asio] deadline_timer callback is not called
From: Daniele Barzotti (daniele.barzotti_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-14 11:43:36

Igor R ha scritto:
>> I try to add a call to io_service.run() after the timer async_wait:
>
> Why? You already run io_service within io_worker_thread(), don't you?
> What you have to do is just:
> ...expires_from_now(...);
> ...async_wait(...);

It was only a test, also doing so the first io_service.run() does not
returns!

Ok, Using only

...expires_from_now(...);
...async_wait(...);

I don't know why but...it doesn't work!

Also I don't know why in the other project it works!
The only difference is that, in the other project, I used boost_1_39_0
(while in this one I use boost_1_40_0) and I calling the timers inside
the asio::serial_port::async_read_some callback!

I know that is quite difficult for you to help me not knowing the code,
but..

How could cause this kind of behavior?

Thanks,
Daniele