Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [asio] deadline_timer callback is not called
From: Igor R (boost.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-14 13:55:24

> Mmm...I do nothing more than:
> 1- Create a io_service::work on the heap;
> 2- Create a new Thread;
> 3- Call the io_service.run() within this new thread;
> 4- Assign the io_service::work* to a boost::shared_ptr;
> 5- Use the timer we discuss;
Well, if your code that simple, you can extract a minimal reproducing
excerpt and post it here - then other people will be able to try and debug
it. Just remove anything unrelated to the timer problem (maybe after you do
this, the problem will disappear :) ).

> If u have other suggestions, are welcome!

I never encountered such a problem. It seems that your io_service dosn't
work properly, but why it happens, I don't know.