Subject: Re: [Boost-users] (was Re: 1.40.0 - 32_64 broken on OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard) (now ppc64 support removed with Xcode 3.2 on Snow Leopard.
From: Manfred Schwind (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-15 06:14:23

> How does that agree with reports by others that 64-bit PPC is just
> not supported with 10.5 SDK?

As far as I know 64-bit PPC is not supported by the 10.6 SDK (Snow
Leopard), but we are using the 10.5 SDK (Leopard).
When installing Xcode there are multiple SDKs installed.

Additionally we are using GCC 4.0 instead of 4.2, because we want to
support Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) as minimum OS. When compiling with GCC
4.2 the generated code is for "ppc7400" that means "G4 Macs" and
greater; but Tiger also runs on "G3 Macs". But this may not be of much
importance anymore.

If you look at our script you see that we're using the following
options for bjam:

toolset=darwin-4.0: Use darwin toolset with GCC 4.0.
macosx-version=10.5: Use the 10.5 SDK.
macosx-version-min=10.4: Minimum supported OS is 10.4.

Regards,
Mani