Subject: Re: [Boost-users] boost::pool
From: Nigel Rantor (wiggly_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-03 11:15:46

Diederick C. Niehorster wrote:
>> if we could put together a team for Pool2 I'd certainly take part in it, but
>> it is too much effort for one person, considering that you can write
>> something like that for your own needs, in a non-generic way, in a few
>> hundred lines.
>
> Hi Stefan,
>
> I must say this is way beyond my reach (I'm not trained in programming
> or CS in general at all). Maybe there should be a place on the Boost
> website where these kind of projects or requests for team members
> could be put?
>
> There must be more relatively old code that could use a refresh/thorough look.

I have not used pool yet but I'm currently working on a project that,
based on profiling, might benefit from something like pool.

I would be really interested to hear more detailed critique of the
current pool library from people who know/have used it.

At the moment I also have some amount of free time so might be
interested in helping out if it sounds like something I could usefully
work on.