Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Slicing multi_array
From: Rhys Ulerich (rhys.ulerich_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-05 15:25:00

> Thanks. That works, but it's really ugly.

Agreed.

> I don't understand why a slice of a multi_array(_ref) isn't simply a
> multi_array_ref. The current implementation seems to make dealing with
> slices unnecessarily complicated. The documentation on views is also very
> thin. Can anyone explain the rationale behind the design?

All I'm aware of is in this article:

@article{garcia2006multiarray,
    title = {{MultiArray: a C++ library for generic programming with
arrays}},
    author = {Garcia, R. and Lumsdaine, A.},
    journal = {Software: Practice and Experience},
    year = {2005}
    volume = {35},
    number = {2},
    publisher = {John Wiley \& Sons, Ltd.},
}

which shows some inheritance diagrams that may explain what you're after,
but I'm unsure if it will answer your question directly.

- Rhys