Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Library failing
From: Mathew Benson (mathew.benson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-07 09:02:51

I've narrowed it down to something with those three attributes. I thought
they were static and maybe I couldn't access static attributes in a library.
 I checked the boost source code and found that they are static. Is there a
constraint on using static attributes within libraries? My current project
only creates static libraries (.lib), though my next step is to try creating
a .dll instead.

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 10:56 PM, Mathew Benson <mathew.benson_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> It took a while to figure out the parameters, but boost::bind,
> boost::asio::placeholders::bytes_transferred, and
> boost::asio::placeholders::error were all null. I can't figure out what I d
> differently that it worked when is was combined but broke in a library. How
> do I set these? Is there a boost init call?
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>

> On Nov 6, 2009, at 7:44 PM, OvermindDL1 <overminddl1_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 3:08 PM, Mathew Benson <mathew.benson_at_[hidden]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I wrote a utility to abstract sending a data buffer to a central server
>>> with
>>> a single function call. I verified it works, and then split out the
>>> functionality into a library (.lib). I tried using it in a test
>>> application, but keep getting an "Access violation reading location
>>> 0x00000000" error. It occurs in the call:
>>> socket_.async_receive_from(
>>> boost::asio::buffer(data_, max_length), sender_endpoint_,
>>> boost::bind(&CommIn::handle_receive_from, this,