Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [test] Linking against boost_unit_test_framework causes double-deletion in std::ostringstream
From: Christoph Duelli (duelli_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-10 10:33:35

Roman Perepelitsa wrote:

> 2009/11/10 Alastair Rankine <arsptr_at_[hidden]>
>>Just curious if anyone else has seen this or anything like it? Platform
>>is Mac OS X 10.6.1, gcc 4.2.1, boost 1.40.0 installed from MacPorts,
>>compiling 64-bit (default).
I have crashes and "double deletions" in my unit tests, too.
I am running Linux, gcc 4.2.1, Boost 1.41.0-beta1;
(I have no crashes or double deletions with Boost 1.40.0.)

> As far as I remember, boost_unit_test_framework defines main function.
> Having two main functions in the same application might be what's causing
> your problems.
Definitely no two mains; 'my' main comes from a macro provided by
Boost.Test.

> Another possibility is that the library and the program are
> compiled with different standard libraries.
I have built both boost and my programs/tests myself, so I can rule the
"different standard library" thing out.

Best regards