Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost.Asio: "End of file" when receiving data
From: Jonathan Franklin (franklin.jonathan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-11 02:20:36

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 7:16 PM, tiredashell <tiredashell_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> In addition to the "parameter is incorrect" error which I inquired about
> earlier (and remains unsolved),

This may indicate that you're trying to set a socket option with an
invalid value for your system.

> I am getting "End of file" sometimes when I
> attempt to receive data such as in the code below.

This usually indicates that the other party closed the socket.

> Please offer some
> guidance as to its cause, because there is absolutely no documentation on
> what either of these errors mean.

These are well-known system errors. You should familiarize yourself
with the particulars of the socket library implementation for the
system that you are working on. e.g. Learn what particular errors
your system can raise, and when.

Jon