Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Bimap] Many warnings
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-18 11:34:30

From: boost-users-bounces_at_[hidden]
[mailto:boost-users-bounces_at_[hidden]] On Behalf Of Dylan Klomparens
Sent: Wednesday, November 18, 2009 2:34 PM
To: Boost mailing list
Subject: [Boost-users] [Bimap] Many warnings

I declared a bimap in my code and discovered that it generates 200+ warnings.
I'm using MS Visual Studio 2008 with Boost 1.41. All the warnings are the same:

C4503: '<long variable name>' : decorated name length exceeded, name was
truncated

Functionally, the program should still work despite all the warnings (from what
I've found on Google), but I'd like to know why this many warnings are generated
by declaring: "boost::bimap<int, int> RemoteIdentityMap;".

Does anyone know?

I suspect strongly that this should have been suppressed (as it is in several
other modules).

(Though the name you give doesn't look too long?)

This file contains suppression that is 'global' - no push'n'pop for this
warning:

I:\boost_trunk\boost\config\compiler\visualc.hpp(18): #pragma warning( disable :
4503 ) // warning: decorated name length exceeded

I'm not clear why this file has NOT been included. Experts?

Unless you get a better answer from someone else, you should submit a Trak bug
report.

IFAICT your program is fine, and you can deal with the megalines nuisance by
adding that line to your .cp containing,

or adding to project requirements in your jamfile

<toolset>msvc:<cxxflags>/wd4503 # // decorated name length exceeded

or add /wd4503 to the command line of your project properties.

HTH

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow