Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Problem with exception and property tree in 1.41.0.
From: Daniel James (daniel_james_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-19 10:48:56

2009/11/19 Jakub Herkel <j.herkel_at_[hidden]>:

> I have compared old and new version of file exception_ptr_base.hpp and
> there is one difference. The new version added a virtual destructor.
> When I removed this line, the first problem was solved. My question is
> (because I'm not an expert in Boost) : Can I remove this virtual
> destructor without any consequence?

You can safely remove the 'virtual' - it was only added to suppress a
warning in later versions of gcc. Although you should keep the
protected destructor. Reverse this change:

https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/57419

> For the second problem I think that STL library which is used in
> arm-linux toolchain is a little bit old. But maybe I'm wrong. As
> a temporary fix I also removed this line. But I hope that there is a
> better solution how to fix it. Could someone show me the way how I can
> solve it?

It's hard to say. Gcc 3.2 is very old and we don't really support it.
I had a look at the gnu arm site, and they only had more recent
versions. But try the attached patch.

Daniel