Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Heap vs. Stack allocation of filtering_streambuf??
From: Eric R George (Eric.R.George_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-19 15:16:57

Yea, turned out to be something like that. I had tried flushing the
ostream (ofile) and the fstream (file2),and had tried deleting them also.
But I needed to also flush the filtering_streambuf (out),
Thanks for the help,
Eric

Daniel Burrows <dburrows_at_[hidden]>
Sent by: boost-users-bounces_at_[hidden]
11/19/2009 12:23 PM
Please respond to
boost-users_at_[hidden]

boost-users_at_[hidden]
cc

Subject
Re: [Boost-users] Heap vs. Stack allocation of filtering_streambuf??

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 10:44:52AM -0700, Eric R George
<Eric.R.George_at_[hidden]> was heard to say:
> This code compiles and runs fine, but the compressed output file,
> 00011.eph.org.bz2, ends up empty. Moving the indicated code to a
function
> again works fine - but again, no output??

  I'm not an iostreams expert, but I bet you need to flush and/or close
your stream. If you were deleting it (something you also want to do)
that would probably do it for you.

  Daniel