Subject: [Boost-users] different behavior for boost::filesystem with VC9 in debug and release
From: frederic cervenansky (fceransky_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-20 11:08:34

Hello,

Sorry to ask this question but I investigate and I didn't find any previous
message.

I try to use boost::filename::is_directory(
path) in my code developed on visual studio 2008.
In debug mode, I have an error on this function and specificaly at
file_status result( detail::status_api( ph.external_file_string(), ec ) );
in operations.hpp. (Detail status crashes, it seems).
In release mode, no problem everything is fine, my path is valid and my
program is running....
And yes, my path is valid.
I have boost 1.40, the compilation option for boost and my program are the
same. The linkage is valid (I checked that my compiled libraries are used).
So anyone has a clue for this bug? Because I'd like to understand and stay
in debug mode to track bugs.
Thanks by advance