Subject: Re: [Boost-users] binary serialization, what's missing
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-25 13:44:06

In doing this I have noted.
   o creating small trivial cases seemed to work.
   o when I combined the test case files to a single file, it worked

In trying to create the test case I figured out what caused the crash,
Basically I had included text archive in all the compilation units
but the binary archive _only_ in the file where I was outputting to
the disk. When I included the binary archive in _all_ the compilation
units that were being serialized, the test worked.

I am not sure how common this case is, but gcc compiler/linker gave no warnings
Maybe this need to be added as a gotcha in the documentation?

DON'T stop now !

something like this is probably due to some include file missing somewhere
inside the library or something like that. Keep boiling it down to
a small example that I can't use to investigate.

Robert Ramey