Subject: Re: [Boost-users] uuid?
From: Hartmut Kaiser (hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-25 14:40:41

Marshall,

> >> finding
> >>
> >> http://www.boostpro.com/vault/
> >>
> >> uuid_v13.zip (and other versions)
> >>
> >> may be what you are seeking.
> >>
> >> Paul
> >>
> >> PS This shows that an 'incubator' site would be useful - this stuff
> is
> >> in use
> >> and under active refinement. It may even be in review queue. But
> will
> >> always
> >> benefit from more users - like you ;-)
> >
> > Even more, this already has been reviewed and accepted. But the
> author
> > disappeared *sigh*.
>
> I would be willing to take over this library, Hartmut.

That would be just great. During the preparations for the review I was
already inclined to reject the review request because Andy Tompkins (cc'ed)
was very slow with his responses, but he promised to find time for his
library. This only got worse after the review and he never even touched the
library to address to the review remarks.

Perhaps it's the best if you get in direct contact with Andy asking him
whether you could take over the maintenance of this library. If he doesn't
respond to this, I'd say go ahead. It has been a year now since the review,
so I see no reason to assume Andy is still interested.

Regards Hartmut

Meet me at BoostCon
http://boostcon.com