Subject: Re: [Boost-users] uuid?
From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-26 05:07:08

> Hi. I feel very sheepish. I have been working _slowly_ on the uuid
> library on my own machine. I have been trying to get it completely
> perfect before putting it in boost. I now believe that this has been a
> mistake.
>
> I would like to get it into boost. Can someone help me? I don't know
> exactly where it should go, how to do it, what branch, what is the
> process for boost?

There's already an SVN access invitation on it's way.

Code should go into Trunk, and then get merged to the release branch when
it's stable and passing it's tests at
http://beta.boost.org/development/testing.html. Only merge to release when
that branch is open for changes (watch for messages here or the calendar
here: http://www.boost.org/development/index.html. If in doubt ask :-)

You also need to:

* Add your name and email to libs/maintainers.txt
* Add your library to libs/libraries.htm
* Add your library to status/Jamfile.v2
* Make sure you haven't broken anything before you commit (been there, done
that, got the T-shirt!)

And of course, repeat the above when you merge to release for the first
time.

> I have recently reloaded my computer. I am running windows xp. What
> svn program do you recommend, as I have not installed one yet and I am
> not familiar with any? I hope to have my library into boost tonight if
> possible.

Try TortoiseSVN on Windows, it works great and integrates with the shell
very nicely.

Welcome aboard!

HTH, John.