Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Query regarding compiling BOOST parallel graph library
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-26 12:21:09

praga wrote:

> Thanks for reply.
> Actually the problem is I dont have any other libraries in the installed
> path other than
> libboost_mpi and libboost_serialization.

It would be better if you explicitly say so, rather then omitting those
libraries and reporting the expected linker errors you get.

> So whenever I try to include
> libraries such as libboost_system or libboost_graph_parallel I am getting
> errors that those libraries are not found.
>
> I compiled the BOOST using bjam --with-mpi --with-graph_parallel and
> installed using command bjam --with-mpi --with-graph_parallel install
> --prefix=~/bin/boostpath
>
> I remember seeing the parallel graph libraries while installing in the
> command line but I am not sure why they are not there in the installed
> path.

Could you please run the following command in the root of your Boost source
tree:

        bjam --with-mpi --with-graph_parallel --prefix=/tmp/boost install > log 2>&1

and then run this command:

        ls /tmp/boost > log

and then archive and post the 'log' file? Please run the commands exactly as written --
in fact, just copy paste them in your terminal.

- Volodya