Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [shared_ptr] hangs on iPhone
From: Igor R (boost.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-26 13:50:07

Thanks a lot for your answer, you pointed me in the direction I didn't
think of: __thumb__! Actually, my project was compiled with Thumb
switched on - which is default in XCode. On the other hand, boost
libraries was built with their default compiler switches for this
platform, as defined in boost.build/bjam configuration (probably,
thumb off?).
Anyway, now I switched off Thumb in my project settings, and
everything began to move as expected!

> Is your application multithreaded, or does even a simple uncontended use of boost::detail::spinlock or boost::detail::spinlock_pool fail?

My application is multithreaded, but spinlock_pool was hanging in
absolutely "uncontended" places - like in regex, which I use in 1
thread only.

I still don't understand why it behaved like this - afterall, if
thumb-enabled code doesn't support such a spinlock, it should crash,
and if it does support, it should work... But this's really less
important than the practical aspect, for the moment :) .