Subject: Re: [Boost-users] gcc problems on mac os 10.6...
From: Wong Hua (wong.hua_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-27 08:58:23

 Thanks for the answer !

It seems that you have a custom Python installed in
/Library/Frameworks/Python.
framework, and the build process prefers
this one instead of the "system"
/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework. When I installed the
custom 2.5 one from python.org, I had the same error, because the
build process picked up this custom install of Python. I uninstalled
it, and the build picked up the system python, which worked well.

The thing is that the Python from Python.org is 32 bits.

The python installed with mac os 10.6 is 64 bits.

I checked that using :
>>>import struct
>>>struct.calcsize("P")*8

Returns 32 on the python installed from python.org (in fact you have to
specify you want a 64 bit python when configuring I think)