Subject: Re: [Boost-users] serialization library leaks memory in its globalobject
From: Emil Dotchevski (emildotchevski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-30 13:49:13

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 9:02 AM, Robert Ramey <ramey_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> gast128 wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> we were transferring to Boost 1.41 but came across some serious
>> issues in Boost.Serialization.
>>
>> The first is already adressed in a previous post, but now the M$ crt
>> reports a memory leak when using Boost.Serialization in combination
>> of pointers.
>
> Note that this weekend I addressed one report of a memory leak
> which was detected upon application exit.  It's checked into the
> trunk.  You might want to check to see if that addresses the
> problem.

Is it possible to let the user manage the lifetime of the type
registry of the serialization library? I think that would not impose
much difficulties on the user, the type registry could just be
associated with archive objects before they're used, that is, the
library itself will get to it through the archive.

Note that with this setup the user still has the option to make the
type registry global if that's what they want.

Emil Dotchevski
Reverge Studios, Inc.