Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Ubuntu 8.04] Linking Problem in Eclipse with Boost 1.41 Libraries
From: Brooks Garrison (bgarisn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-01 13:46:27

 Volodya,

> Ok, and are you sure this file has any effect? Couple weeks ago, when I was still on 8.04,
> it had something called 'dash' as default shell.

The default shell I'm using is Terminal 2.22.1.

>What does echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the terminal say?

bgarrison_at_STK:~$ echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
/home/bgarrison/local/lib:/usr/local/cuda/lib:

> What does:
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/bgarrison/local/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH your_program
> do?

The program executes as expected if I do this, but it also works if I
execute it through the terminal by doing ./<program> so it seems that
I -am- linking to the correct libraries. The problem seems to be that
the debugger is trying to link with libraries it cannot find. I'd
really hate to have to debug through printfs but that may be my only
alternative if I cannot figure out how to set up the debugger
correctly in Eclipse CDT.

Thanks again for all of your help.

~Brooks