Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost 1.41 compile error with gcc 4.2.4 on SolarisSparc
From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-02 07:42:55

Hi,

Teme wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem to compile Boost 1.39 or 1.40 ro 1.41 on Solaris
> Sparck with gcc 4.2.4.
> I am tried to compile with bjam and witj Cmake but I will get the same
> assembler message about illegal operands error.

This will be addressed in the next release. You can apply the following
patch:

https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/57949

to fix it locally.

> I noticed that when I defined BOOST_SP_USE_PTHREADS everything
> compiled fine until I tried to compile my software using Boost. Then I
> got the same assembler message about illegal operands.

Defining BOOST_SP_USE_PTHREADS should indeed deal with it, but you need to
remember to define it both when you build Boost and when you build your own
code.