Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Simple serial port demonstration with boost asio asynchronous I/O
From: philipp_muenzel_at_[hidden]
Date: 2009-12-11 07:03:50

Hello,

http://lists.boost.org/boost-users/2008/10/41140.php
I would like to kindly ask the author Jeff Gray if he tested his example on a Mac.

On Linux, the example works flawlessly and lets me communicate with both "native" serial port hardware and USB-to-serial converted hardware with FTDI chips, which can be adressed via /dev/ttyUSB.

On a Power Mac with OS Tiger, using boost 1.40 and the gcc 4.0 compiler, everytime I start the example I get the following errors:

$ ./minicom.app/Contents/MacOS/minicom 57600 /dev/cu.usbserial-4B11
Error: Operation not supported
Press Enter to exit
Error: Bad file descriptor
Press Enter to exit

However, I can talk to the serial-via-usb hardware using some native socket functions, so the file descriptor itself can't be the problem.

How can I get the minicom example to work on Mac also?

Regards,
Philipp
Preisknaller: WEB.DE DSL Flatrate für nur 16,99 Euro/mtl.!
http://produkte.web.de/go/02/