Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [1.41][serialization] deserialization ofweak_ptrfails
From: Alexander Gutenev (gutenev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-15 02:33:37

Are you sure this need special handling?
I think the purpose of enable_shared_from_this is to make weak reference to
self and maintain it automatically. You don't do anything special when
constructing a shared_ptr with enable_shared_from_this-derived or when
calling make_shared with it. And before 1.41 everything worked just fine!