Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [proto] extends example not compiling
From: alfC (alfredo.correa_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-17 05:20:41

> It's already fixed in svn trunk. After the regression tests cycle, I
> will merge it to the release branch and it will be part of the next
> release of boost. If you'd like to see the change (it's a one-liner) you
> can see it here.
>
> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/58412

I saw the changes

remove typedef typename Expr::proto_base_expr
proto_base_expr; \
add typedef Expr proto_base_expr_; /**< INTERNAL ONLY
*/ \
add typedef typename proto_base_expr_::proto_base_expr
proto_base_expr; \

This is more or less what I did to fix it manually. I am also glad to
see this trick to get around the problem that for some macroed types
'typename' is necessary and for other it is not (I am assuming that
this is the purpose). What and annoying thing this 'typename' thing!
lately I am putting it everywhere just in case. It is easier to read
the error message of its redundancy than the opposite one.

offtopic: Do you know if this is 'typename' issue supposed to improve
in the next-C++?

Alfredo