Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [range_ex]"Practical" Status of boost::range, boost::range_ex, and associated algorithms
From: Neal Becker (ndbecker2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-30 14:48:09

Neil Groves wrote:

>> Great. Should I use the copy in:
>> http://www.boostpro.com/vault/index.php?directory=Algorithms
>> or SVN version?
>>
>> If you wish to use Boost.RangeEx then please use the version in the
>> Vault.
> This has many additional features than the SVN sandbox version and a huge
> number of features over the current Boost.Range. Boost.RangeEx is backward
> compatible with Boost.Range so you might decide to use the trunk version
> if this is more convenient, but Boost.RangeEx adds Range Adaptors and
> Range Algorithms which are very compelling.
>
> I shall post publicly once I have put a newer version into the main trunk.
>
> Regards,
> Neil Groves

Have you written anything about how to write my own adaptors? I have
several iterator adaptors that I'd like to try converting to range adaptors.
I noticed the 'strided' example which seems like a good starting example.

One I'm interested in is adaptors that convert between interpretations of
sequences as real and complex.