Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [range_ex]"Practical" Status of boost::range, boost::range_ex, and associated algorithms
From: Jesse Perla (jesseperla_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-01 11:19:33

On Jan 29, 12:47 pm, Neil Groves <n..._at_[hidden]> wrote:
> to the review. If you stick to the pipe (|) syntax the interface remains
> stable. I need to rename the make_xxx_range functions before getting this
> into the sandbox. The only reason RangeEx is not in the current release is
> due to the need to update documentation and make some minor changes before
> submission. It is not due to known defects.

Thanks Neil, everything seems to work swimmingly. One question
related to the make_XXX_ I had was the preferred method (today and in
the future post inclusion into the standard library if they are
different) for creating ranges from a subset of a container. i.e.
what is intended equivalent to:
std::copy(myvec.begin() + 1, myvec.end(), targetvec.begin());

Should I be using something like:
boost::copy(
  myvec | sliced(1, myvec.size()),
  targetvec.begin());

Or:
boost::copy(
  make_range(myvec, 1, myvec.size())),
  targetvec.begin());

or...:
boost::copy(
  make_iterator_range( mvec.begin() + 1, myvec.end(),
  targetvec.begin() );

Thanks,
Jesse